clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Some "Last Ditch" Saturn Images

Saturn is getting rather low in the sky, and as a consequence, the planet is getting dimmer and blurrier.  Tonight wasnt half bad however, as I was able to resolve the Cassini division nicely.  The images are rather small tonight, because when I zoomed, I lost what little detail I got.  I dont see the Serpent Storm in these images.  Maybe someone with a good eye will see it.  Saturn is a lot more difficult than Jupiter, thats for sure.

Here's what I got:





The 1st image was uncropped, and is the actual 640X480 stack.  The 4th image I used a small amount of camera digital zoom.
The 1st image I used some color correction, the rest I did not use any.
All images were taken with the 127mm with the 3X barlow.  Most used 1/10 sec shutter, with about 25% gain and 25% or so gamma.  This is getting much harder to image.  It will be one of my last Saturn images for the year, I imagine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment