clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lunar Mosaic Using The 3X Barlow

As the picture of the moon gets bigger, it becomes more difficult to take a series of images to put a mosaic together.  It is coming to a point where using the 3X barlow is useful mainly for looking at individual features on the moon.  This is the second lunar image I have attempted with the new barlow, and in both instances, I missed areas, but tonight's image I think I missed the lesser amount.  I am going to post the image, even though it is not perfect.  I'm posting this to show how difficult it is once the moon is magnified to this extent.  The images are quite sharp, and the barlow will make for studying specific areas of the moon's surface.  This is what I'll be doing from here on with the barlow.  If I have a really long time to set aside to photograph in the future, perhaps I will try doing this again.

The full size image can be found at http://kd0ar.homeip.net/2011-07-05-moon.jpg


0 comments:

Post a Comment