clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

114mm Reflector and 70mm Refractor Saturn

I got so used to using the 127mm refractor, I had forgotten the difference between it and the other 2 scopes.

I took a few avi's using each of the 2 scopes.  I normally wouldnt post images like this, but I thought I'd put em up just as a comparison.

The first is from the reflector.  I just could not get good focus.  I checked and made some slight adjustments to the collimation, and star testing showed it to be pretty close.  I did make some small adjustments however.  Anyway, here is the sample image from the reflector:  As you can see, the focus is terrible.  Some of this could be in the clock drive.  By looking at this image, I am thinking that much of the blur came from the clock drive.  You can see blur below the image.

Star testing does show a decent pinpoint in focus, and equal appearance inward and outward focus.
This is from the 70mm refractor.  Because of the lower amount of light captured with these telescopes, I had to run up the gain in the cameras to get an image, and I did not take a flat to get rid of the diagonal lines.  I am seeing the dark northern band and maybe the Cassini, but its difficult to tell, as the diagonal lines produced from the camera makes it hard to tell if I actually resolved it or not.  Seeing appeared to be pretty good, as the stars were quite steady, and the sky seemed reasonably transparent tonight.  So anyway, here is a comparison using the smaller scopes.  There are a number of photos already on here to compare to the 127mm.


0 comments:

Post a Comment