clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saturn 6/2

Had a nice night, and so I thought I'd try again and this time I got some nice pictures.  I have come to the conclusion that I need something with somewhat of a longer focal length, although these images arent too bad, maybe some of my better ones.  I tried photographing using a couple of different filters.  It seems the red filter gets the most detail.  I used a little color modification to make the images look a little more pleasing....

Photographed with red filter
Green filter
no filter

I did not use the IR blocking filter on any of the images.  Notice how over-exposed the last image is of Saturn's disk in comparison to the rings.  These CCD cameras seem to be far more sensitive to infrared than the cmos cameras are.

0 comments:

Post a Comment