clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Moon 7/6/11

I went out it was clear, but just as I got the scope focused up, the moon just disappeared.  Wouldnt ya know, the clouds started rolling in.  This ruined my chances of doing a mosaic.  I was gonna spend some serious telescope time making certain I got the entire moon, but the clouds ruined that.  I was able to take some short avi's of a selected region, so without thinking, I located Mare Nectarus and shot 2 AVI's one of Theophilus, Crillus and Catherina and one of Rupes Altai, 2 areas of the moon I have photographed a number of times in the past.  In my opinion, they came out real nice with good resolution and detail.  This is what I wanted to test all along, so what better area to compare than one which I have photographed before.

Here they are:

                                                                             Mare Nectarus




                                                                                                              Rupes Altai

0 comments:

Post a Comment