clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, July 31, 2011

More Animations

I reprocessed one of the images I used in the animation in my last post and I found I could be a little more aggressive on the wavelets, so I thought I would post 2 more animations.  The first one shows Callisto below the planet's disk, but in batch processing the 7 images used to create the animation, a purple haze also showed up in the images.  I removed most if not all by stretching the histogram in the 2nd animation, but in the latter images, I lost Callisto, so I'm posting both gif's.


I still see some purple haze in a couple of the images in this second image. Also, there is a variance in the amount of detail in image #4.

There is substantially more detail on all of the disk in these animations.  The first gif seems more consistent between theframes.  I posted this one because some of the features seem a little clearer to me on this one.




Oh, some details about these animations:  Each image used (there are 7) consist of 1000 frames stacked in Registax 6.    The AVI's were taken roughly 9 minutes apart.  Each AVI was processed identical to eachother - wavelet, etc.  The images were cropped, and saved as .png's.  From there, the 7 png's were reloaded in Registax where the planets were aligned.  I then saved the batch, overwriting the unstacked images.  Then I worked on the brightness on each image, also in Registax, then once that was done, I created the animated gif at http://picasion.com/.


0 comments:

Post a Comment