clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Friday, March 18, 2011

My Best Moon Yet (I Think)

Nice clear night tonight, at least early on.  I was able to do a mighty fine capture of the moon in high resolution using the refractor (70mm).  No barlow, but I did use 640X480 camera resolution, and zoomed enough to get rid of the vignetting.  I took the advice from Victor and shot with increased contrast. 

Seeing was bad, it was about 60F here today, and its still warm out.  I think there is a bit of a temperature inversion going on, but lets say the seeing was, on a scale of 1 - 10, about a 3.

I stacked about 10 frames each for each piece of the moon.  It appeared to make things a bit more uniform.  There are some fine lines here and there, but overall, I think this moon turned out pretty darn good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment