clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

8 Inch Dob Moon Mosaic- Revised

The last post with the 2 mosaics, I asked the question- "If someone can point out a couple craters, I'd appreciate it."


Well, someone did!  I learned that Tycho was in the first image, and Mare Nubium was on the dark end of the 2nd.  Because the tracks came so close to eachother, I was able to combine the 2 images into one.  This is what I ended up with:


I want to thank the keen eyes of two astronomers in the QCUIAG Email group for pointing me in the right direction.  Once I was able to identify features in each image, I was able to orient the image and put a new mosaic together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment