clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Home Made Refractor

The major parts are done, I didnt do any baffling inside yet, but thats not a problem, it all comes apart with screws and I will be adding baffles.  The telescope has all the essentials - objective, focuser, eyepiece, its all there.  I looked at some trees across the street and it displayed a bright, very sharp image.  Of course it clouded up as I was taking these pictures of the semi-finished telescope.
Thats the balance point, right behind the objective cell.

If you look at the focuser, you will see it is home made from pvc water pipe.  It is epoxied onto the end plate, and appears to work like a charm.  Of course I wont know how good it is until I get the barlow and camera on it and try to photograph Saturn.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment