clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Moon Mosaic With a 6 inch Dobsonian

Well, I didnt think I could do it, but....
I took a mosaic of the first quarter moon using the dob.  It came out so good, I think its my best so far.  I imaged this at f/8 - no barlow, just the webcam in the focuser.  I ran it in "drift mode", and each frame is a stack of 15 frames that were close enough together to stack.  5 fps.

Here it is:
I took a few other images as well, using the 2X barlow.  I'll post those here as well.  These are random shots...I have more yet to process.
I'm not sure where this is at the moment, I will try to find it on the map.  I dont even know at this point if north is up.

This is Mare Serenititus  I do not believe I had the barlow in for this image.

0 comments:

Post a Comment