clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jupiter on the Dob

I'm having some fun with this dob.  I think I got some pretty decent images of Jupiter.  Unfortunately, its pretty tricky to keep in the field, so I did not use the barlow.  An equatorial table is in the works, but for now, its the camera in the focuser, running 1200 f/l.

I am just beginning to catch a shadow transit of Io.  I got too tired to keep at it and catch the transit a little better.  I am happy, however with the detail thats beginning to show on the EZ.  The GRS is easily visible in the eyepiece as well as in single frames.

Also, I worked on collimation, and I believe its much closer than it was during the last set of images last week.

The moons are, from left to right...  Io, then Jupiter, then Europa, then Ganymede.  There is no special enhancements done to the image to make the moons visible.  They appeared in the image during normal wavelet sharpening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment