clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Friday, October 7, 2011

Jupiter 10/6

Had the dob out and did some visual work with the moon.  I am also building an equatorial platform which I hope will aid in photography.  Anyway, when Jupiter was high enough to clear the trees, I photographed, and I was able to find it a couple of times with the 2X barlow.  The only problem is, I shot using 10 fps, which causes some onion skin effect.  I probably could have used a faster shutter speed, but as fast as it was moving, and the difficulty I was having keeping it in the field, I felt I was lucky to get the images I was able to get.  It seems to have been halfway decent anyway.  These are the full size images.





This was a short imaging session, around 0400Z.  You can plainly see the onion skin effect.  I'm not sure how much motion blur there is, and I dont recall the shutter speed either.

The 2 moons that you see are Ganymede on the left and Io on the right.  The GRS is almost about to rise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment