clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jupiter 10/8

Had the scope out and tried a mosaic of the moon.  I learned you cannot do a good job with a mosaic as the dob does not rotate with the earth.  Craters dont line up, and the previous post of the last mosaic, if you zoom, you will see some rotational error.  The eq platform should help, if the session is less than an hour in length.

I was able to take some decent pictures of Jupiter, however.  I also used a slower frame rate which eliminated the onion skin effect that the faster previous post suffered from.  Here is what I got:



#3 and 4 are from the same AVI, but with slightly different processing.  I was able to stack about 120 frames on these 2 images.  I let it drift by and reset for another pass.  The only thing is, I'm not sure I had the focus down quite perfectly.  The problem with the dob is - you have to work fast to get things set.  Ther visible moon is Europa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment