clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jupiter Again

I went outside again with the telescope and webcam, and I think I discovered what the problem was in photographing Jupiter.

I was able to get a much better quality image, and I really didnt do anything different.   Tonight's sky, the seeing was a good bit better, and it was much clearer, and I'm VERY happy with this image I was able to grab:
As you can see, there is a lot more detail in this image.  The equipment used was the Logitech C310 with a 2X barlow and the 70 mm Meade NG70, refitted to a polar mount.  There was no clock drive.  I used an avi of 20 frames, chose the best frames, which I think I ended up with 7 frames and stacked them with Registax.   Then with the saved image, I loaded it in Gimp 2.6.11.  There I adjusted the color balance very slightly, used unsharp mask, and adjusted the brightness and contrast very slightly.  I did VERY little processing in Gimp before I posted this image here.

So I believe the problems I was having was due to seeing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment