After receiving some advice from some members of the QCUIAG email group, and some lessons learned while photographing the last batch of images that I had taken 2 days ago, I decided to take another batch of images and glue them all together with a program called "iMerge", which was specifically designed to do what I did with the following image.
The moon is about 8 days old, the images were taken just after sundown, Eastern time. 64 individual images were used to create the mosiac you see here:
This is by far the best quality image that I have taken so far. I think it turned out pretty good, actually. Again, click on the image for a full sized view. This is one large picture. The only issue I am seeing are what seem like diagonal lines toward the bottom of the image. Leave a comment as to your thoughts.