clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Clouds and Deep Sky - Yes They Mix.

I was out playing with the GE X5 last night.  The sky was...best I could describe it - "Variably Cloudy", conditions seemed to change minute by minute.

The idea of the test was to try out a "Barn Door Tracker" that I built a couple weeks ago.  The following image was taken with a 30 second shudder speed, which is just enough to detect star trailing.  I plan on doing some film photography on this mount this summer, and thought I would try it out with the GE.  I have taken other star images with it, so I know it will capture some things.  Here is a photo of Orion, part of  Monoceros and Canis Major.  The cloud cover rolling in looks kinda cool, so I decided to post this image.


The 2 dark streaks on the bottom of the image are 2 small ham radio antennas that made its way into the photo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment