clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Rethinking My Image Processing

Now that I'm getting a bit more detail, I've been playing with different settings in Registax as well as doing a little work on them in Photoshop.  I think I came up with a nice image with a lot of detail, and have balanced sharpness and noise.






This image was wavelet and color balanced in Registax.  Then ran it thru photoshop and rotated it.  Then I adjusted the brightness along the edges to give it a more uniform brightness across the globe without overdo'ing it.  Applied a little motion sharpness, then a little unsharp mask to come up with this final image.




I ended up taking a LOT of AVI's this morning.  Seeing appeared a lot better than yesterday's images.  Transparency was quite good, although every so often a thin cloud came by, but it was extremely thin, and noticed the brightness changing mostly on wxastrocap's histogram readings.








Here are a few more images I took last night, although I didnt go thru all the steps in processing...

Nice clear shot showing some white spots on the EZ
Taken using the green filter.

Jupiter, Io and Europa in that order




OK Shot showing the GRS.
One more thing.  I am seeing a difference between the 2 Quickcam 4000's.  The last picture was taken with the worse of the 2.  The round artifacts on this camera arent near as bad on the better one.  Trouble is, I'm not sure which is which.  I will have to take one apart to see which has the Sony and which has the Sharp CCD.  I can tell the 2 cameras apart, but I dont know which is the Sony.

The images taken with the green filter sure shows the detail, but they do have to be shot in monochrome, which makes for a less pleasing image.

0 comments:

Post a Comment