clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Added baffles. Sample Jupiter Images

I added a baffle yesterday and repainted the inside of the tube with a little better quality flat black.  It appears to have made a difference.  Tonights conditions werent terrific, but it seems like the contrast has been enhanced some.  Transparency was bad, but seeing appeared to be ok, as it wasnt jumping around much.  The rising moon was a different story however, but it was low and I'm not going to post any images of the moon, as I dont feel it was a good test.

 This one appears to have a decent amount of detail.  Beginning to see some activity in the EZ.  There is a dark red spot in the SEB, just ahead of the GRS, which in this image is just over the horizon.  CM I: 155 II: 82  III: 15

 The moons which may be visible in this image (they were when I processed) are Europa on the left and Io and Ganymede on the right.

 This image is showing some activity in the STrZ rising.  I: 165 II: 93 III: 25.5  The same 3 moons may be visible in this image as well.


Here is a monochrome image.  I believe when we get better conditions, the amount of detail will improve.

This image and the next were taken using Sharpcap on my Windows 7 laptop.  These were taken about 30 minutes later, and show
 CM I: 196 II: 123 III: 56



0 comments:

Post a Comment