clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mare Serenitatis Mosaic

Wanted to shoot some mountians tonight, so what better subject than Mare Serenitatis.  Bordered on the northwest  by Montes Caucasus, and to the southwest by Montes Haemus.

The segments consist of various numbers of frames stacked in Registax 6.  Photographed with the green filter, and the images arent as good as I'd liked.  Used the barlow lens to get up close.  Here it is....

Yesterday's images were taken with no filters, and I probably should have not used any tonight, but I wanted to see what the difference is.

Also, I rebuilt my home made focuser on the 127mm refractor (which these images have come from).  The one I had was too short, and I had to use my diagonal to get focus.  I added 6 inches to the optical path, using 2" pvc pipe as the extension.  I find that I do not need as much travel on the drawtube as I need for the 70mm.  Even though the focal length is about the same, apparently the faster 127mm requires less travel on the drawtube to focus all of my eyepieces and camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment