clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, April 9, 2011

6-Day Old Moon

I was so impressed with the 3 day old moon, I imaged the moon again on my next clear sky, which happened to be when the moon was 6 days old.  I made a number of images, with and without the clock drive.  I made a modification in the clock drive mount, putting the stepper motor on grommets to reduce vibration, but I may have made things worse.  I'll let you decide...  The telescope used was the 127mm refractor.

This is with the clock drive off, using unstacked individual frames.  In all cases, I used 5 frames per second in the AVI, processing in Registax 6, wavelets, de-ringing and gamma adjustment.  Some touch up brightness, etc done in photoshop.

The next image uses the clock drive, running at least 50 stacked frames per segment in Registax, with similar wavelet and deringing processing.  Processing similar to above image.


Before I took these 2 images at low resolution - camera 640X480, but with no barlow, I was getting a feel for the focusing and camera settings with and without the barlow.  The images with the barlow was so sharp, I had to snap some avi's.  Here are a couple of images of the Mare Nectarus area:




These 3 images of Mare Nectarus were taken using various numbers of frames stacked, the 2nd image, using a red filter at the camera.

I need to take better notes as to how many frames were used in stacking, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment