clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

2 Day Old Moon - Different Processing Approach

I believe this image has slightly more detail than the one I posted yesterday:

This image I did not stack any frames.  That right there reduced a substantial amount of blur.  Tried many times stacking images, but every one seemed to come out much blurrier than a single frame.  I did do some wavelet sharpening on each of the frames that I picked for each segment.  The wavelet enhancement was picked once, and held all of the settings constant for each segment.

After I was happy with each single stack segment, I pasted them together in imerge.
After that, I loaded the image in iris, and adjusted out the background lightness so it did not show the jagged edges of the frames in the final image.

Following that, the image was then loaded into photoshop, where I did a smart sharpen, then some contrast/brightness using the levels function, and what I ended up with is what you see here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment