Finally, a decent photograph, and the elevation was low too. I got home from eating dinner when I saw a nice thin sliver of moon, so I hurried and set up the 127mm refractor. I used the new camera, a Logitech 270 webcam. I also used a #58 green filter. I had bought this one to compare with the one I had been using. This camera has far less vignetting than the other camera I have been using, so I think this will be a much better lunar cam. The mosaic is rather low resolution, used 4 frames, each frame consists of at least 200 avi frames stacked in registax 6. This image was done in a hurried fashion, but it looks like I got some good frames, so at a later post, I'll go over the frames and take better care of what avi frames get stacked.
Anyway here is a photo of a 2 day, 4 hour moon:
Considering this being the first lunar image (i believe) with the homemade refractor, I thought it came out pretty decent. Again, I'll post a revised image later, when I have more time to spend on image processing.