clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Orion Nebula again

It was the first night without clouds in over 2 weeks, so I thought I'd try to get the Rosette Nebula.  Trouble is, it was windy...VERY windy.  Nothing came out well enough to post because of the blur caused by the wind.  After failed attempts to get enough stackable images, I turned to the Orion nebula.  I added a home made filter to add decorative diffraction spikes to the stars.

The filter was made from a UV filter and I added 2 black pieces of thread and glued them to the edges of the filter such that they made an X shape in front of the filter.  I screwed it on the 300mm lens, and took this image.



I actually got some detail on the nebula, but the Running Man is pretty much useless.  The haze around the brighter stars is the wind blur.

0 comments:

Post a Comment