clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Jupiter 12/1 - Increased Capture Speed

A suggestion brought to me to decrease some of the contrast and perhaps bring out more detail on the planetary disk.  I thought I'd try doing a 10 fps capture with 1000 frames captured.  I think it'll help somewhat, however, at 10 fps, I'm getting an onion skin effect.  However, I think its going to work.  I also found that the poncet platform vibrates more when it gets cold out, and I believe my image4s would have been better if the vibration was 10 dB less.
Here is a sample of what I captured.  I had a lot of problems with the platform tonight, and many of the AVI's were unuseable.
This image was done at 10 fps, and you can see the onion skin effect creeping in on the left side of the image.  I think there would be more detail if the vibration problem wasnt there.  This used 1005 out of about 1200 frames.

This image also used about 1000 frames.

I took a few later in the evening, also at 10 fps.  The GRS was rising when I took the above images, so I wanted to take a few with it near the CM.

I believe this one turned out pretty good actually.


For grins, I thought I would try a cmos camera, as it is a bit newer and is capable of running a faster frame rate.  I couldnt get the color balance correct in Windows 7 however, so it did not come out real well, but it is showing some detail. 

Looks like I have some work to do.  I have some ideas to reduce the vibration in the platform, so hopefully the next time I photograph, it will be gone and the images will be better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment