clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Saturday, December 3, 2011

10 fps, 1000 Stacks

Well, I think I figured out the secret to eliminate the onion skin testure on my 10 fps stacks.  Photograph on the bright side.  The histogram was taken between 225 and 250 on all of the colors in WxAstroCapture.  Tonight's images were taken in 2 parts, the first set was taken around 2355Z, the 2nd set taken around 0310Z 12/4.
The detail is absolutely incredible.  I'll let you see for yourself.
The first batch, only one image was useable, but I processed 2 images from the same avi.  This one shows Io along with the disk.

Here is a closeup of the disk with slightly different wavelet and color settings.

Now for the 2nd set.  The 2nd set shows the GRS very well resolved, the gray ring around the GRS is plainly seen.  The turbulence following the GRS is quite apparent.
Again, the moon is Io.

This is basically the same image with a little post processing in Photoshop.

Finally, this is a different image, taken at 0316Z.  This one shows the turbulence a little better, as the GRS has moved a little across the disk.

I must say, I am quite pleased with the results.  Shooting with the planet much brighter than I'm used to made a big difference in reducing the onion skin effects, and with more frames, I can extract more detail.  Thanks for the tip, Joe!


0 comments:

Post a Comment