clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Friday, November 25, 2011

Jupiter 11/25 - Collimated the optics

I aligned the optics in the dob today and I think I have it pretty close now.  Took a few images, some are better than others.  I was able to capture Europa beginning its transit across the disk, as well as Ganymede to the left and Io on the right.

I believe Europa is the bright spot in the bottom left of the disk.

Here are a few more that I captured....
This one is a little noisy, not sure how many frames I used, but you can see Europa just beginning to transit the disk.


This one has some blur, I dont think I had the focus correct.  I'm still not certain about the Ponset,  It appears to jump around somewhat.  I must not have a bearing quite correct.  There may also be some vibration going on due to the stepper motor I'm using.



0 comments:

Post a Comment