clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, September 18, 2011

A Little Experiment Captured Oval BA

After talking to some of the guys in QCUIAG email group, I decided I'd try a little experiment on the scope.  Basically, I stopped down the objective from 127mm to 90mm using a paper mask.  I'm not sure, but I think I got a wee bit of improvement on Jupiter.  I took a couple images, and found it was much easier to focus.  It also seemed I could see a bit more on the screen as I was shooting.  I was able to easily see the GRS as well as the dark barge on the NEB.  Also, I'm not sure of the current position of the oval BA, but it appears to be just below the GRS tonight.

Here is what I was able to capture.



Notice in the 3rd image, the 2 spots in the south polar region.  One is rising, and I'm thinking that might be the Oval BA, as it is more yellowish than the one directly under the GRS.  The SEB seems busy.  I seemed to be getting a little more detail in the EB.  There are a few white spots in the NTeB.  (I know I listed the detail backwards, but I wanted to point out the more prominent details first in this case).

0 comments:

Post a Comment