clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Monday, February 27, 2012

C6-NGT First Light

The sky finally cleared, it was a warmer evening than its been, and my new C6-NGT was just waiting to get outside to focus some photons on the Canon Rebel T3's sensor.  I would have attempted to autoguide, but I left my USB to serial dongle at work, so I had to run unguided for these images.  The first image I captured was that of the Horsehead and Flame nebula.  I wanted to image subjects that I've imaged before with the camera lens.


Theres a substantial amount of noise as I took these from my backyard, where the light pollution is bad enough to show up.   This scope is fast - these images are only 1 min subs.  Both are running about 20 frames.

The second object I photographed was M42, and it came out incredible.



I hope you agree with me.  These are by far the best I've taken so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment