clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marathon Imaging Session 8/25 -8/26

Nice clear nights with slightly more than a first quarter moon, and its a Saturday night and I was feeling pretty good, so I thought I'd image a few things that I havent yet.

The evening started out with the moon.  Using the webcam and a 3X barlow on the 6", I managed to capture these:





Not a bad night, seeing wise.  Very little turbulence and the moon, this time of year is not very high in the sky.

After capturing these, I went over to the Iris Nebula inCepheus.  Although I was able to capture enough subs, the finished product is not great, partly because the moon was still above the horizon.  This is what I ended up with

From there, I recharged the laptop and went to the Bubble Nebula in Casseopia.  This one came out pretty good actually, especially for my light polluted sky.  By now, the moon had set.

I let this run for 50 2 min frames and went to bed.  Set the alarm for 2 hours, got up and imaged Jupiter.  It came out so bad, that I'd be embarassed to post it.  From there, I took in a couple big galaxies.  The first being M33.  Trouble is, the battery in my mount was dying, so it didnt track well.  I shot 30 subs, but only 5 were useable.  This is what it looked like
Then I thought I'd shoot the granddaddy of them all - Andromeda.  Of course, its so big I cant fit it in the field of view of the telescope.  I got the central part.


>Total imaging time for everything you see here? About 9 hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment