clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Canon 300D First Light

Picked up a Canon Digital Rebel (300D) and removed the infrared blocking filter and tried it out last night.  The subject was NGC6992, a part of the Veil Nebula.  The image consists of 26 lights at 90 sec each, 10 darks and 10 flats.  The red sensitivity is incredible, as you can see in this image, taken from my light polluted backyard sky.  No filters were used...



Although the internal battery will only operate for about an hour, I'm pretty happy with this image.  If I were able to take double the frames, I think it would have been even more incredible.  I cant complain, however.

0 comments:

Post a Comment