clear sky chart

Job 9:9

Job 9:9-10
9 He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion,
the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
10 He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.
NIV

Thursday, June 7, 2012

M104, The Sombrero Galaxy

Well, it was cloudy last night, but tonight it cleared up just before it got dark, so I imaged 2 objects.  The first of which was M13, the 2nd, M104.  I have not attempted the Sombrero yet, so I thought I'd experiment a bit using short exposures.  Tonight's image uses 50 - 30 second frames.  I must say, I'm quite impressed.

30 second exposures using the 6", f/5 at iso 1600.  50 frames stacked in DSS using a 2X drizzle.  slight sharpening and image stretch done in Photoshop, noise reduction done using Noel Carboni's astro tools.



I'll post M13 tomorrow.  its midnight as I write this, so I pretty much ran out of time.



0 comments:

Post a Comment