Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Eastern Veil Nebula – New Process, New Results

 


I finally had a chance to revisit the Eastern Veil Nebula with a fresh set of processing tools and a more refined workflow, and I’m really happy with how this one turned out. This is one of those targets that never gets old — the delicate filaments, the shock‑wave structure, and the way the colors weave together make it a perfect playground for narrowband imaging.

For this version, I leaned into a cleaner Ha/OIII balance to keep the structure crisp without pushing the colors too far. I also was able to capture a few, much cleaner Oiii frames. The OIII really shines in the outer arcs, giving that electric blue glow, while the Ha brings out the warm, detailed filaments running through the center.

This was captured with my AT102ED and QHY163M using Ha and OIII filters, and processed in Photoshop with my usual blend of curves, selective color, and star control. It’s always fun to see how much detail can be pulled out with just a bit of patience and a careful stretch.

I think this is my favorite Eastern Veil so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment